I recently got back into video games, and it’s left me feeling less than green.
No, it’s not actively cutting down trees or pouring bleach into rivers, but there are more ec0-friendly hobbies than gaming.
Despite not being very green as a whole, there are still some ways to make it a little less impactful. Hopefully.
- Playing on smaller, energy verified TV; used if available.
- Playing on a used or shared console.
- Hard copies of titles can be bought used locally, shared with friends, or the download can be purchased online.
- Adjust TV settings. Turn down the brightness.
- Keep TV and gaming console unplugged when not in use.
- Consider saving gameplay for off-peak hours.
Gaming consoles are a huge consumer of energy, but I hope to take steps to make this recurring hobby a little greener, and to help balance it out by continuing to use less energy in other areas.
If you have any ideas, I’d love to hear!
Much Peace and Keep Roamin’